Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:07 AM
Company Overview 13;
Grainger is a broad line, business:to:business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Graingers distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Position Description 13;
Under the close direction of the Process Manager, will provide leadership and general supervision to a small population of employees within a specific functional area or a specific process in a high volume, order fulfillment, multi:shift distribution center while learning the fundamentals of supervision and leadership at Grainger. This role supports Process and Operations Managers to help ensure timely accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes. Will manage processes throughout the operation by rotating through the processes. Will manage and lead people to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where employees are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the Company thereby negating the need for third party representation.
*Develop an in:depth understanding of the assigned DC processes/functions. Review opportunities for continuous improvement of warehouse and customer service processes. Identify key variables that influence the workflow process. Develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization.
* Effectively lead the departments employees by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organizations strategy. Deliver results in support of the company strategy and expectations; ensure operational excellence within the process they manage. Support their peers in their strive for operational excellence.
Insure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations with particular emphasis on hazardous materials and power industrial equipment requirements. Ensure the handling/shipping of hazardous materials are in compliance with government regulations and Grainger policies.
* Learn to hire, train, develop, and manage a small staff of employees in non:exempt positions. Monitor and enhance employees individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to achieve required results with regard to productivity, safety, quality, and attendance. Create positive honest dialogue with each employee on his/her performance review. Learn to effectively impose positive corrective action to ensure compliance with DC policies and procedures while ensuring their employees are treated fairly and with respect. Maintain appropriate records for direct reports.
* Learn to facilitate and/or lead various teams such as the quality excellence teams that generate creative employee involvement in the improvement of DC processes and improvement of employee commitment to the success of the DC.
* Learn how and when to enhance employee commitment through the celebration of individual and group achievements.
* Must be able to meet departmental expectations to effectively drive results.
Position Requirements: 13;
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NEEDS.
:Four:year degree in business, management, logistics, material management or a related field of study with previous management is h
• Location: fountain inn, Greenville
• Post ID: 28575557 greenville